Total Control Solutions Group Inc. (TCSG) provides complete and cost-effective maintenance and technical support services to a wide variety of industries in Western Canada including Oil and Gas, Mining, Pulp and Paper, Power, Manufacturing, Food Processing as well as Water and Wastewater Treatment. Our areas of expertise include Automation and Controls, Instrumentation and Electrical.
We have a need for a Senior Automation/Control Specialist who can join our team and add value to our current client base. The right candidate has a track record of finding solutions to technical issues and can build lasting relationships with customers. We offer a very competitive compensation and benefit package.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage programming and documentation standards that are to be used as the basis for all customer projects
- Support the development of P&ID's and creation of advanced control logic
- Development and implementation of plant Shutdown Keys & Control Narratives
- Support the development of Advanced Control Philosophies
- Support the development of Configuration Standards
- Control System Architecture design and specification
- Procurement of Control System HW/SW
- Support Lead Engineer in designing Automation technical solutions in accordance with client specifications
- Provide advice to clients on appropriate methods for delivery of requirements
- Estimate project costs, resources and timelines for delivery of projects
- Address technical queries and respond to project delivery issues, ensuring timely resolution to the client’s satisfaction
- Undertake site visits to support the pre-commissioning, commissioning and construction
- Provide technical product support to internal and external personnel as required
- Ensure documents are controlled in a consistent format and all changes are recorded accurately
- The ability to travel periodically with short notice is a requirement
- 10 years of Automation experience
- Knowledge and experience working with Siemens PCS7 is required for this position
- Knowledge and experience working with Rockwell Automation, Delta V and Modicon would be a definite asset
- Solid PC and networking skills are required
- Site pre-commissioning/commissioning experience would be an asset
- Technical writing expertise is desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required for this position
- Degree or Diploma from a Post Secondary Institution, eligible for membership with ASET or APEGA
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Control Specialist” in the subject line.
We thank all those candidates that apply. Only qualified candidates who are considered will be contacted.